Introduction to P&C
The Ashdale Primary School P&C Association is a group of volunteers from our school community who want to be a part of our children’s education experience. Many of our members are working parents, with extra commitments and varying amounts of time, skills or experience to contribute. Together, we can be a strong and productive organisation that can add to the services and resources that Ashdale Primary School already delivers to our children. Whether it is attending the occasional meeting, becoming a classroom representative or volunteering in the canteen, uniform shop or various fundraising and community events held throughout the year, it all helps to make the P&C an effective group of volunteers.
- Develop a sense of community within the school
- Develop and encourage parent participation within the school
- Promote and support communication and cooperation within the school community and bring educational matters to the attention of the wider community
- Fundraise to provide resources and programs for the students in the school
Alongside these visions, the P&C operates to:
- Employ canteen staff, which with volunteer help, enables the canteen to open 5 days a week.
- Run community events, such as discos, information evenings and charity fundraisers.
- Collaborate with the school to fund ‘big ticket’ items. Items jointly funded in the past have been; the community garden, artist in residence program, library upgrade, kiss 'n' drive shelter, basketball court upgrades, nature play areas, LED sign, choir vests and broad brimmed hats for all new students.
- Run the Safety House program, creating a safer community for our children.