My name is Verona Howard and I am the registered school psychologist allocated to Ashdale Primary School. I have provided services to APS for 10 years.
I am part of the School Psychology Service that supports the North Metro area. We support our schools in three main areas:
- Working with students, parents and their schools to identify and change target behaviours at the individual, group and systemic level.
- Conducting assessments of students experiencing learning difficulties and/or disabilities at schools.
- Supporting schools in making appropriate curriculum adjustments for students in order to enhance their learning outcomes.
3. Mental Health and Wellbeing
- Providing direct support for students experiencing mental health and wellbeing difficulties.
- Assisting schools and children to maximise the development of positive mental health and wellbeing.
My services can be accessed through the Ashdale Student Services referral process. (Requests for service are made via the classroom teacher, who then consults with the Student Services Deputy Principal). If the concern is of a private nature, direct contact with the Student Services Deputy is advised.